Monday, May 11, 2015

11 May 2015 - First Week in Croydon

Dear Family,

It was great to be able to Skype yesterday see your faces for the first time in awhile! It seems like the little 2 are growing up too fast! It makes everything worth it to be able to see you and talk about my mission so far and to see Caitlin so excited to talk to me! The next one will come quicker than you think!

​All of the rumors that I had heard and expectations I had about Croydon were blown out of the water after my first day it the area! I love this place! There are so many people from all over the world and many people interested to learn more about the gospel. It is a lot safer than I was told which makes it even better. There are 4 elders in the area and more than enough people to go around so I am very excited for this transfer.

I moved from Southampton to Croydon on Wednesday and quickly got settled and ready to work. We've already been able to teach new people and spend time finding more people to teach and it has been going really well. Elder Belnap and I set a baptismal date with a new investigator, Anthony, on Friday for the 30th and have another investigator, Jonathon from Ghana, planning on being baptised soon after. It's so fun to learn about and teach people from different cultures and see them grow in their testimony of the restored gospel.

Like you mentioned it is a little hard to think of too many things to say because we were able to talk less than 24 hours ago! There are a lot of good things happening so there will be many updates to come! Repentance pictures are on there way! I just have to take them then I can send them... but I promise I will!

I love you and include you all in my prayers. I know Heavenly Father loves and cares for you deeply. Trust Him with everything and you will never fall.

Love,

Elder Draney

No comments:

Post a Comment