Monday, June 15, 2015

No Fancy Title - 15 June 2015

Dear Family,

This week was truly an amazing week, but it usually tends to be that way when you hear directly from your favorite Apostle! This last Friday the London South and London missions met together at the Hyde Park chapel in London to listen to Elder Holland speak to us and receive council on our missionary work. It was a very good experience. It was really cool to have a very personal conference with the apostle that ​we've all listened to many times and have him speak to us in such a close way.

He said many memorable and edifying things that would deserve their own letter so I will include a few of the highlights. One thing he particularly spoke about was how much his mission changed him and how much he does and always will cherish it. He bore powerful testimony of how important it is to serve a mission and to serve with all of your heart and soul. In conjunction with that he talked about the challenges of living the gospel and how opposition and pain are essential to God's plan. A quote that really stood out was "Embrace the anguish of salvation,". We all know that life is not an easy thing, and being faithful in living the gospel is even harder but I know that greater happiness comes as we stick with it and labor even when it may seem impossible.

I didn't take any pictures because we had to rush to and from the conference and we had to leave right afterward or else 400+ missionaries would have spent the rest of the day chatting in the Hyde Park chapel.

This Sunday was also very special because Jonathan was finally confirmed after waiting a week from his baptism. Confirmations are always special but it was particularly memorable because Jonathan asked me to give the blessing! I can't say enough how awesome Jonathan is, he has grown so much over the past 2 months and his countenance is brighter than ever since his confirmation. I'm so glad we've been teaching him and blessed to continue doing that for the next month at least.

I feel like a broken record saying this but pictures will have to wait until at least later today. I'm waiting on Elder Belnap to send me pictures from the baptism and some of the members of the ward so I will get those out as soon as possible.

Time is short so I will have to end for now but I promise pictures are on their way!

I love hearing from you and sharing my mission experiences with you! I love you all dearly.

Elder Draney

No comments:

Post a Comment