Monday, August 10, 2015

Melissa's Baptism

There is never a slow week in Croydon! Elder Probst and I are loving how busy we are and being able to see so many people each day! The Lord is blessing us with new friends even though we have almost no time to spend contacting we are still able to see new people!

Some very cool things happened this week but the highlight of the week was Melissa's baptism! She was baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday and is so grateful to finally have made that step! She has waited for a long time and none of us thought it would come as soon as it did but I am grateful to have been here to be a part of it! President Eaton of the mission presidency performed the baptism and she was confirmed by another member of the ward. We know that she is setting the example for her children and will be great influence for good to all those who are a part of her life!

Last week on Monday we went with other elders in the district to the Chislehurst Caves which is part of another area but we got permission to go and take a guided tour of the caves! It was a little overpriced but it was nice to break from the norm a little bit and it helped us feel ready for the rest of the week.

On Wednesday we taught Stephen and Carli and gave them some conference talks and other scriptures that they can read while they are on a 4 week holiday starting today. Stephen is planning on being baptized on the 26th of September a few weeks after their holiday. I really hope I stay in Croydon because transfers are at the end of the month and I don't want to move to a new area away from them!

We also taught Nadir and he is learning a lot! He is still trying to get Sundays off to come to church and he really wants to come! We taught him about the basics of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he understood it all but also had some questions about the Trinity. We explained why we believe and know the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost to be separate but one in purpose and he said that his whole life the Trinity has never made sense and used every example to show why he never agreed with it and then ended by saying "Yeah, I agree with you guys,"! He is excited to be baptized on the 29th of this month! It's the 10th already! Time flies.

I attached the pictures from the baptism as well! One with a funny face and one without.

I love you all so much! I wish I could be with you sometimes but know that I feel my purpose in being here as well. I hope that my letters are enough for you to see the love of God that is being felt here and the love I have for you!

Thank you.

Love,
Elder Draney

[Editor's note: The original picture files Jacob sent are rather small, unfortunately, so it's difficult to see details.]



No comments:

Post a Comment