Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015 - Moves

Dear Family,

There is a lot on my mind this week as we prepare for a lot of changes and interesting things happening in general. I found out through the 1st counselor in the mission presidency (President Martin who is part of the Christchurch Ward) that I will be moving to a new area this week. It was only semi-expected and most everyone we talked to agreed with us that I probably would be staying for another 6 weeks, but we were wrong. :P

It's hard for me to accurately describe how much I've grown to love so many aspects of the Christchurch Ward and the area we have worked in over the past few months. It's definitely changed since my first few weeks here. I will really miss the people in this area. But the good news is that there are many opportunities to get to know new people and a new companion this week as I move to a different area!

I will be moving to Hamble River tomorrow which is really close to Southampton so I'm not moving very far! I've heard good things about the ward and people living there! My new companion will be Elder Remon! I hesitate to say this because I'm not 100% certain but I believe he is from Spain! I really hope so! Getting to know so much about Holland was a great part about being companions with Elder Poulino and it will be fun to find out more about Spain. (maybe)

I've said it before (even in this email) but I really love Christchurch. As I'm preparing to leave I'm quickly realizing how much it feels like home to be here, even though I've moved flats and many missionaries have come and gone. I will always have a soft spot in my heart  for the Christchurch Ward and I know I have been privileged to make many eternal friendships. It will be stop #1 on the mission tour! ;)

There isn't too much to say during transfer week and not a lot of time either but I still feel the strong desire to serve with all my heart wherever I go and have great hope for the future! I feel sorry for all of the other missionaries and missions in the world because I have been enlightened and come to the knowledge that the England London South Mission is the best in the world. I look forward to the future areas and people I will serve!

I love you all so much!

Here are some pictures:

One is a pictures of actual snow in England! Dorset is especially famous for never getting snow so it was really cool.


The pictures with Jasmine are from when we went to the London Temple with her! We stopped by Legoland and Windsor Castle to take pictures and to say we went to Legoland on our missions.




The last one is me holding a snake that belongs to a member that we re-activated in the ward. She asked if I wanted to hold their snakes (they have 3) a few times before but I said no. She made me do it this time and told us we couldn't leave til I held the snakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment