Monday, May 30, 2016

The end of May

Hello my friends and family!

It was a quick week! We went on a couple of exchanges this week that were crazy fun. On Wednesday I went with Elder Rammell, from Rexburg, who i've been waiting to go on an exchange with for more than a year! Then on Friday I went with Elder Mattson, from Long Beach, who's from
my MTC group. I've always loved these missionaries so it was a cool experience to work with them for a day! I wish I had longer to serve so I could properly serve with these elders.

Unfortunately Grave wasn't able to be baptised this week. She was travelling from a trip outside London and didn't make it back on time for her interview. But she came to church yesterday and she LOVED it, it was so good to see her smile! She's having trouble coming to church because of work so we will be praying for her a lot, so the next time she can come to church will most likely be when she will be baptised. Please pray for her as well.

Ola is doing so good as well! He started working on his family tree on Monday and wants to come out teaching with us! I love this man so much. He's so humble and knows how to completely rely on the Lord, but is very in tune with the Spirit as well.

This week is going to be fun as well. It's our week to prepare for Elder Oaks to come visit the mission. What we get out of his visit will in large part have to do with how well we prepare, so this week we are going to redouble our efforts and so we can come to the conference having done all we could for the Lord. I'm honestly so excited, Elder Holland visited us last year and he said things that
have surely changed my mission, so I'm looking forward for direction from the Lord given by Elder Oaks.

So much happens in our area that doesn't make it into the email! Most of it because I forget, but some of it because it doesn't translate into an email, so you'll have to ask for some South London stories when I can tell you in person!

An insight from my studies came from the example of Isaiah, in 2 Nephi 14/Isaiah 6. Verse 8 says: "Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said: Here am I; send me." Then in verse 11 "Then said I: Lord, how long? And he said: Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate;" I hope I can follow the his example and whenever the Lord asks "Whom shall I send?" i can respond "Here am I, send me". How long do we need to labor for Him? Until the houses are without man, and there is no more work to do. Until the end. I love being in His service. I know He lives. I love
you all.

Have a good week!

Elder Draney

No comments:

Post a Comment