Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August 17th, 2016

Hello my friends and family!

I've ran out of semi-interesting or cheesy titles for the emails, so now you get dates. If you ever forget when I sent an email, just look at the top.

As some of you saw of Facebook Francis was baptised! He was very prepared and honored to make the covenant of baptism! He flew back to Ghana yesterday though ☹️. He had to go back sooner than he thought, but we enjoyed the time we got to know him face to face.

With Wednesdays being preparation day the week has gone very quickly, it seems like we have something big to do everyday.

Last Thursday was our MLC for online proselyting. At first when I heard we were getting Facebook to use I was hesitant and didn't really want to use it. But after watching some experiences other missionaries had in training videos and going through the MLC I was pumped up for online proselyting. So far it hasn't disappointed, we were able to contact Francis a couple of times this week using Facebook and now we can keep in contact with him while he is back home in Ghana! He even
said himself "I love the technology!"

Having access to so much with Facebook is a big trust as well. As we know it is incredibly easy to waste time with it, and it's easy to want to check up on things every time we get wifi, but we have seen great things in the 6 days that we've had it.

On Friday we had zone training where we took the training from MLC to the rest of the zone. It wasn't anything we did, but it was very very good, the Holy Ghost lead the meeting and touched our hearts. In the evening I went on exchange with Elder Ferreira, and we taught Kelly! It was one of the best lessons I've ever had on my mission, even though it wasn't planned it was definitely supposed to happen.

Saturday morning we exchanged back and then went with Francis to the temple. He loved it so much, he kept saying how much he felt the Spirit and how much he wanted to come back. Every time I've been to the temple with and investigator it's been a crucial point of their conversion. I love the temple, and I'm looking forward to spending more time at the temple after my mission.

In the evening Francis was baptised! He brought his sister and her family as well! We had seen them a couple times before, but now we are going to be visiting them and teaching them as well! The baptism wasn't a huge service with loads of people, but that didn't take away for the spirit of the meeting in any degree!

The rest of the week has been a blur until now! That's what the mission has felt like for the most part, as I look back it feels like it wasn't long ago that I was back in Christchurch with my trainer getting to understand why I was on a mission. As much as I wanted the time to go quickly back then, I wish I had as much time left on my mission now as I did back then. The Savior truly takes care of those
who seek to serve Him. He wrought that change in my heart, and can take up any of our infirmities or flaws and perfect them.

I love you all so much! Have a good week!

Elder Draney



No comments:

Post a Comment