Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Penultimate Preparation Day

Hello my friends and family!

I think this is the biggest case of writer's block that I've ever had on my mission! Everything we did this week left my memory, but I'll do my best! I'll steal from Elder Ribeiro if I have to!

Last Thursday we went to district meeting down in Clapham and met a new sister that came into the zone mid-transfer, Sister Rehova from the Czech Republic! It was a good district meeting as well, it's the second district meeting I've been to with 13 missionaries in total.

On Friday I went on exchange with Elder Viera! We had all day to just work and find new people to teach, it's been a little while since we've been able to do that! We saw a big blessing in stopping by a
member who's an older single sister. We felt inspired a few days earlier to stop by and ask about her neighbors and if she knew anyone that we could teach a couple days before but she wasn't in when we tried the first time so we thought we would try again. This time when we went by she shared her conversion story and sent us over to her neighbor who has been taught by the missionaries before, and now we are going back to see her on Friday!

Saturday we taught our friend Antony and his niece Ola. It was Antony's birthday so they were making loads of food and they kept trading places in the kitchen and then in the living room while we
were trying to teach them so we did our best. At the end they both told us on separate occasions that we made their day, so it was worth it. Plus we got some nice jallof rice to take home. 👍

On Sunday Elder Mattson and I spoke in sacrament about the lessons that we have learned on our missions. Afterward everyone asked us if we were finishing this week, which was a little sad but at least we still have some good time to serve left! I'm in a bit of denial...

Monday and Tuesday cruised by. I had another exchange with Elder Zamalloa! He's changed a lot over the past few months, he's improved a lot since the beginning of his mission. We spent awhile studying because he does language study and 12 week study, but we taught our investigator Ama on Monday night and it went well.

The other 3 missionaries in my flat remind me every 5 minutes that my mission ends soon, so I haven't forgotten that I'll take off the tag soon. I still have time to give the Lord everything I have to spread the gospel, but I'm not apprehensive about returning home and serving Him in different ways than I am now. He's brought me this far, so I know He will take me safely home!

I love you all so much!

Elder Draney


No comments:

Post a Comment