Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015 - Coming up to Easter

Dear Family,

This weekend was the time change for England and it took it's toll yesterday morning and some of the effects carried over into today as well! I remember when I was younger, elementary school age, I could never wrap my mind around why anyone would ever want to take a nap because all it seemed like to me was losing time that you could be doing other things. Since I've gotten older, and especially since I've been on my mission I've realized how amazing naps can be! Moving the clocks forward is always hard but it didn't keep this week from being a good one.

As with many of my weeks in the past my companion and I spent a lot of time finding. It can be pretty discouraging to spend so much time working to find new investigators and not immediately seeing the fruits of our labours but this week we were able to see success from an experience we had a few weeks ago.

A couple of weeks ago we were walking to stop by a less-active member of the ward and stopped someone we passed on the street. We had a good gospel discussion with him, gave him a Book of Mormon, and got his address but didn't get a solid return appointment. We stopped by this week to see him but instead his mother answered the door and started chatting with us. She was really nice and talked with us for a long time and agreed for us to come over later in the week to teach her and hopefully her son. We brought a member to the lesson and it went really well but her son wasn't too interested in sitting down for a lesson. We won't be able to see her for a little while but she says she will get baptized if she gains a testimony of the Book of Mormon so we are pretty excited about it! It's our first new investigator in awhile and it helped us to remain excited about the work, we don't know what will be the outcome but it was nice to teach someone new and we look forward to teaching her in the future!

The weather is starting to warm up but in a similar way to how it does in Idaho. All of the sudden there is a really warm day and then the weather seems to go right back to being cold for a week or so with really warm days scattered around to make it hard to know whether to wear a coat or not. I look forward to warm weather but it will be interesting to see what English summer is like. Everyone says last year was really nice so hopefully we get a nice one this year as well.

I can't remember if I mentioned it last week but it was transfer week last week but no changes were made to our district so I will be in Hamble River with Elder Senkans for 6 weeks unless anything crazy happens before then. Hamble River is a fun area and a good ward so I am excited to spend more time here serving these people!

The new video made by the church "He Lives " came out this weekend and if you haven't seen it you should definitely watch it. It will be the focus of our missionary efforts over the next week and will probably be the same for missionaries over there. It is a really uplifting video and you should definitely share it with anyone you can.

There are good times and bad times but the Savior has descended below us all. He knows our trials, He knows our weaknesses, and He knows our potential and how to help us reach it. Trust Him and seek to do His will and you will never fall.

I love you all.
Elder Draney

No comments:

Post a Comment