Monday, September 14, 2015

Elder Chrimes

Hello Family and Friends!

These past few weeks have been some of the busiest/most stressful of my mission so I have to apologize for not sending a weekly letter last week! Things have settled down a bit so there is more time today to sum up the past few days!

The first bit of news is my new companion Elder Chrimes! Elder Chrimes is from Swindon, England and has been in the mission field for about a week and a half and we have already done a lot of good work! ​It has been a big adjustment for sure but we have seen the hand of the Lord in all things. I know that He controls every phase of this work. We are able to be part of many miracles and are so grateful for that!

This past week has been pretty intense, a lot of changes have been made across the mission and in our area as well so there is a lot of adjusting. I'm grateful for the opportunity to stretch and grow because I know that it means the Lord loves me and trusts me enough with these situations. Putting our complete trust in Him is the only way forward at times, I know that He doesn't leave us, no matter how long it may seem that He has sometimes.

Elder Chrimes and I were visiting some people on Thursday when as we were walking along we said "Hello" to a man just a few feet up the sidewalk. As soon as he looked at us he said "Can I have your Bible?" and pointed to the Book of Mormon I was holding. Of course you can have it! As we gave it to him he talked about how he knew a little bit about the church but asked us to give him the basics of our message. We were able to teach him about the restoration and at the end he expressed his thanks and interest in finding out more! His name is Henry and he is originally from Ghana, he left his home in search of truth and answers to many of the questions he has. We promised him that he will find them as he learns more and prays for guidance and a confirmation of the things we will teach him! We will call him today to set up another time to teach him in the near future! That was our miracle this week!

I'm so grateful for all you do! Let me know more of what is happening with you! I love to hear it! I love you all so much! Talk to you soon!

Elder Draney

P.S. Here are some pictures of Elder Chrimes and I as well as an exchange I went on with another missionary, Elder Mutariswa from Zimbabwe! The last one is a picture of a house that we found Elder Chrimes' first time knocking haha!





No comments:

Post a Comment