Monday, September 28, 2015

Wake me up when...

Hello my friends and family!

I don't think I will ever stop complaining about how fast time is going. So I thought I would get it out of the way early! Might as well get used to it.

Croydon never ceases to amaze me! So much can go on in a week! We were busy with service projects and teaching this week so we weren't able to contact as much as we would have liked but it was a wonderful week nonetheless.

On Tuesday we met with all the missionaries in the zone to council and train each other on ways that we can improve our work. Elder Chrimes and I were asked to give a training for about 3o minutes to 2 different groups of missionaries and it went really well! I'm learning a lot more how to be confident in front of many people and it all comes down to being guided by the Spirit. I would never be able to deny the feeling of speaking words that aren't of my own crafting to those who need it that I have felt on my mission, and I know I felt that when we presented on Tuesday.

The highlight of the week was a lesson that I wasn't even a part of! Last Saturday we got a referral from missionaries in a bordering area for a man that they had invited to a baptism earlier that day and had actually received a referral for themselves but found out that he lives closer to our area so they passed his information. We gave him a call a few minutes later and he sounded really excited and wanted to come to church with us the next day! We set everything up but he wasn't able to make it due to work but met with us at the chapel just after church and we were able to get to know him a little more.

His name is Robert and he his from Holland! He has actually been in contact with the church and missionaries for several months in Belfast, Northern Ireland. He recognizes the light and joy that he feels from the church and it is something that he knows comes from God. We made a solid connection with him immediately and I had the strong feeling that Heavenly Father guided him to us and us to him, technically the other missionaries made a mistake referring him to us because he doesn't live in the ward boundaries but he is actually planning on moving into our ward. The part that I missed due to exchange was a lesson on Tuesday where Elder Chrimes and another Elder where able to get to know him a lot more. During the lesson they asked him if he wanted to be baptized and he said that he has been thinking about it for a long time and has decided to do it! We haven't figured out exactly when, because he is on holiday in Holland this week, but we will be seeing him later this week and going to watch Conference with him this weekend! I will let you know more as time goes on!

Elder Chrimes and I are still having loads of fun in Croydon! This week was easily one of the fastest of my mission! I'm very grateful for the opportunity to be Elder Chrimes' first companion and help him to maximize his potential! He's already grown so much! He's a way better missionary than I am. :)

I am very excited for General Conference this weekend. Elder Scott's passing this week was a sad loss, but just as all others who have gone before he has finished his mortal probation and is one do continue his work elsewhere. It will be interesting to see 3 new apostles be called and sustained, it seems like it has been ages since new apostles were called. I look forward to sustaining them this weekend and hearing the words of the Lord spoken to us! I hope you are too!

I've got pictures this week!
The first one is of our zone training this week! Not my best picture.The second is an introspective moment on the train. Train rides are nice!The last one is chickens sitting on a drying rack in a members back yard! They could fit in my hand when I first got to Croydon! Hopefully the pictures aren't upside-down!

I love you all so much!

Elder Draney





No comments:

Post a Comment