Monday, October 5, 2015

Fun week!

Hello my friends and family!

It's Fall already! I'm starting to repeat seasons on my mission now, I don't know if I'm ready for that. Only one more English Autumn is a sad thing to think about, but only having one more rainy English Winter makes up for it!

I'm emailing later today because we had a really cool P-day as a district to Leeds Castle! It's the first time I've been to what I consider a "proper castle" since I've been here! It was a lot of fun, we took loads of pictures and we haven't shared them yet so we will have to do it that later on but I will include some that I took! It's a really old castle in the middle of a lake with a moat and huge scenic grounds and the works! Everything you would expect from an English castle.

This week was really busy but we were able to teach and work with a lot of God's children that have been prepared to live the Restored Gospel. I've enjoyed my time serving in Croydon so much and it all has to do with the people. I've been privileged to serve alongside great companions, in a fantastic ward, and been able to make so many lifelong friends in the short time that I have been here. That is a witness enough for me of the divinity of this work. I will forever be in debt to Heavenly Father for the experiences that I have had on my mission and the areas I have served in. And I still have a year left! :)

General Conference is always great on a mission, it's already my third time watching conference in my mission! Last year I was still in the MTC during Conference and I remember distinctly thinking that it would be a looooong time before October Conference again, but I stand corrected. I felt the speakers give messages tailored to my needs and questions by the Holy Ghost. Having 3 new Apostles sustained was interesting indeed, I miss the apostles that have passed especially Elder Packer, but I look forward to hearing more from those that were called and sustained this last weekend!

Yesterday we have a very cool lesson with a friend of a member in our ward. She invited us to come to their home and teach her friend with her and her husband yesterday and it went very well. The experiences we have as missionaries especially spiritual experiences are hard to describe in words so I won't try to. The best way that I can describe it is that she is very prepared to hear the gospel. She has been searching for a long time and she felt strongly about what we discussed in the lesson and expressed so much thanks for the things we taught her. It always makes everything we do worth it to teach those that are ready and have been waiting!

Time is especially short today but I hope I got enough across! I love you all so much! I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you greater than I do, turn to them and I know you will feel their love greatly.

Elder Draney

No comments:

Post a Comment