Monday, December 7, 2015

Dec 7th, 2015

Hello my friends and family!

The first week of December has passed and now it's only 2 1/2 weeks until Christmas! Last years Christmas in Christchurch feels like it was only a few months ago and it's already time for Christmas in Croydon! Last year there was a distinct longing to be at home for Christmas, but while there is still a desire to be with you this Christmas, I'm excited to be able to feel the special Christmas spirit with friends that've made over here in England.

There were a lot of meetings this week that took up a lot of our time but we were still able to meet A LOT of new people! There is never a shortage of new friends in Croydon! It's been an exciting week as well because we were able to see some of the people we have been teaching for awhile but weren't able to see for a few weeks. It's not typical to stay in an area as long as I will be in Croydon, but is definitely a blessing.

This week should be interesting because we will be staying with the other Elders in our district for the week while our flat is getting repainted, it should be a lot of fun! We are all pretty close so it will be fun to stay with them, but their flat is TINY, we were so cramped last night when we went to bed! It's either going to be a really quick week or a really long week, I'll let you know when we get there!

I know this is exactly where I need to be right now. Ever since I felt that peace that came from knowing I'm where the Lord wants and needs me to be over a year ago now, I've felt a greater magnitude of love in ever sense of the word. Love from our Father in Heaven, love for my companions, love for the people, love for my family and all those close to me. I love you all so much! Talk to you soon!

Elder Draney





[Editor's note: Jacob was a pretty picky eater. He didn't like lots of common things (like lettuce and carrots). Now he's eating all kinds of ethnic and other strange foods.]

No comments:

Post a Comment