Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy New Year

Hello my friends and family!

This week I am very grateful that I was able to be a missionary and serve the Lord this Christmas! It boggles my mind that this is the second Christmas I've had on my mission. We had opportunities to visit people who didn't always have someone on Christmas which is something I am grateful we were able to do.

On Christmas Eve the ward had a carol night at 7 for a couple of hours, it was great to take time so close to Christmas and simply sing the songs of our hearts and relish in the spirit of Christ. Many of our good friends and members were there, and sharing that time with them definitely made it special.

On Christmas we began in the morning by walking to go see a family from Uruguay, the Pintos Family, to make English breakfast for them (Brother Pintos loves English breakfast) and then drove with them to go carolling to some of our investigator's homes and other members. It is a tradition in their family, a tradition of service that I definitely learned a lot from.

In the afternoon we visited our Ward Mission Leader's family to help them cook Christmas Dinner and that is where we Skyped from. A little while after that we visited the Vennerholm family from Sweden, and took food to a few single members. Christmas went by really quickly this year, it's still amazing to me that it has already the second Christmas I've had in England. I am very grateful that we were able to spend it serving others.

This year is gearing up to be a very fun year, 2016 will definitely be a good one! You are tired of hearing it but 2015 went by very quickly, it's the only year I will have spent entirely on my mission and honestly ai'm pretty sad that it is almost over. I know there will be many blessings and miracles in 2016 so I am looking forward to it!

Time is extremely short today, we are having trouble finding a place to email, so I apologise that is is short. I truly love you dearly. Thank you for everything that you do. Stay strong, stay faithful, and stay happy!

Love,

Elder Draney

No comments:

Post a Comment