Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Moves!

Hello my friends and family!

I hope everyone had a happy New Year! Our new year was ushered by our neighbours who kindly set off loads of really loud fireworks really close to our flat to wake us up so we didn't miss the beginning of 2016! It has been a good year, I will always remember 2015 a very fun and stretching year.

This week, for the most part, was very normal. We were able to teach a lot of our friends this week with the holiday rush dying down. The craziest news came on Saturday morning when I was expecting to find out where I would be moving to. We found out that the Lord needs Elder Chrimes and I to stay in Selsdon for another transfer together! That will be close to 10 months in Croydon, and 6 months with Elder Chrimes! It's very difficult to put into words, but I am grateful that we both get to keep teaching a building up our friends that we have made and meet many more of brothers and sisters in Croydon! After this I will be a proper Croydoner!

Last week we finally moved back into our flat. It was a little sad to leave the 4-man flat but it is nice to not live out of our bags and sleep on a mattress on the floor anymore! The flat looks really nice! It definitely needed to be repainted and re-carpeted. It is a big change for the better so it is worth being away for 3 weeks.

The funny part about the flat being redone is that we had a flat inspection by a senior couple in our zone, the McDonald's, a few days later and it definitely helped us pass! The flat would have passed anyway, but the McDonald's loved the new flat! Plus the new carpet is really soft, I can't really think of anybody that doesn't like new carpet. ;)

It's probably pretty obvious, but I'm having trouble finding things to write about this week. So much of missionary work is impossible to put into words so I don't even try, but I never hesitate to tell anybody I can that serving a mission has been the greatest thing I have ever done. I don't mean that in any way of my accomplishment, but rather it is the greatest blessing Heavenly Father has allowed me to take part in. I relish the time that I have left to serve, and do everything I can not to waste a minute. I know those of you that have served/are serving feel a fondness for your service. I thank you for everything that you do for me, and hope I can repay in some small measure the service you have done for me.

I love you.

Elder Draney

No comments:

Post a Comment