Monday, January 25, 2016

Jan 25th, 2016

Hello my friends and family!

This week we worked hard and saw a lot of miracles; it was a lot of fun!

It was a lot warmer, which is a plus! My whole mission I've seen that most of the English run on the weather, I know it's like that pretty much everywhere but it seems a lot deeper over here. When it was cold we couldn't even get a "Hi" back from most people, but on warmer sunny days like today everyone is chipper and chatting away with everyone! We will pray for sunnier days!

On Wednesday we went to a Worldwide Missionary Broadcast from the leaders of the Church, the first one in more than 10 years, which you will probably hear all about from missionaries in your wards and other missionaries emails, but regardless it was amazing. Looking at missionary work from the outside it seems like a monumental task, which it is, but whenever I am taught more about how I can improve I see that it is very simple and with as we follow the Spirit's guidance and do everything we can to be worthy of it, then it isn't very complicated at all. I'm very grateful for the inspired council and the changes it's brought into our work.

After the broadcast we were headed home when we found out that a faster train home was leaving from a different station across town in 10 minutes so we ran alllll the way across Maidstone to get to the station. It turns out that it wasn't faster and almost made us late getting into our flat, but we deserve a gold star for our effort.

The busiest part of this last week for sure was Friday and Saturday. We went on exchange with our zone leaders but the thing that made it really hectic is that the way we do exchanges has changed. Instead of us swapping companions and working both of our areas Elder Chrimes and I both went to their area in East London and we both worked with one of them and stayed the night with them before we came back to our area. It was a lot of fun and we had to take the train into London to
get there, but it was really hectic trying to move all our appointments around to fit us being out of our area, but it was a ton of fun and I learned a lot so I can't complain at all!

Soon after we got back we were on our way to a lesson but had a little more than an hour before we needed to be there and as we finished talking to a lady at a bus stop to get on her bus another man came off of the bus and walked straight up to us and introduced himself. His name is John, and after talking for about 10 seconds he asked us if we would like to come to his house to talk more! So we did! We walked with him to his house and taught him and before we could even ask him he asked where our church was, turns out he knows where it is, and tells us he wants to come next Sunday! At the end we asked him to say a prayer and he in the prayer he thanked God for sending us to him. I can't accurately describe the feeling in an email so I won't try but in basic terms it was a massive answer to our prayers.

Missionary work isn't easy and it was never supposed to be, but it is the greatest thing our Father in Heaven has allowed me to take part in. I love Him, I love the Saviour, and I love His good news!

Elder Draney



No comments:

Post a Comment