Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Moves!

Hello my friends and family!

Today has been a day. As you've probably guessed I got moved, I've moved to Crystal Palace which is a ward in London that borders Croydon! My companion and I are white washing, neither of us have ever been here before, so getting to our flat and dropping off our things has been a bit of a process. It's been harder than you think to get here, but we are here and everything is well for the moment!

Elder Chrimes and I both got moved from Selsdon! President Gubler told us that he needs the zone leaders to be in a more centralised area so he is moving them into Selsdon and Elder Chrimes and I both got assignments elsewhere. We got split up pretty far, I'm staying in London but Elder Chrimes is moving to Cornwall which is all the way down in the furthest corner of England you can think of, but he is very excited as well. The train ride for me was about 10 minutes but for Elder Chrimes it is close to 6 hours! As I type this he is still on the train, and he left an hour before me. It's been crazy for sure!

Leaving Selsdon was harder than I thought it would be, it definitely felt like home. I served almost 10 months there! A lot of members were actually pretty surprised that I was leaving and it was hard to say goodbye to some of the members and investigators we were teaching, but that is the nature of the work.

My new companion is Elder Chazuka from Malawi! He's such a good guy, we've already gotten to know each other pretty well and he just came from being trained in Hamble River where I served about a year ago so we will have a lot to talk about. I can already tell we are going to have a lot of fun serving together.

Things are a bit crazy today so I don't have too much time to email, but I'm grateful for everything you do for me!

Love you all!
Elder Draney

Last picture of the Selsdon district

And the first picture of the new Crystal Palace district:
Elder Hartshorn, Elder Chazuka, Elder Fa'aso, and me


No comments:

Post a Comment