Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016

Hello my friends and family!

This week was true to my prediction last week, it cruised by.

I've mentioned a few different meetings in the past that come every month or so, and this week we had a lot of them. On Tuesday we met with President and Sister Gubler and other missionaries from around the mission to council together about how we can help each other to keep up our successes but as well how to keep moving forward. That one lasted basically all day haha, but it was great!

That translated over into having a very similar meeting on Wednesday, but with missionaries from around the zone. Then on Thursday we got to district meeting with the Crystal Palace missionaries! It was fun to go back and see them again! Even though I was not there for a few weeks it was still good to go back and see Elder Chazuka as well as the other elders in the district.

On Friday we went on an exchange! We went with Elder Hartshorn and Elder Fa'aoso from Crystal Palace. I went with Elder Fa'aoso, the last time I went on exchange with him was only a few weeks ago but we both changed and improved in that time, so it was very rewarding to see that. Plus they are hilarious, so we had a good time.

We were blessed with many miracles this week! On Thursday night we met Tony, a great man with a stalwart faith in Christ. He originally converted from Islam to Catholicism, but now he worships with the Jehovah's Witnesses. We talked with him for a minute and he quickly invited us to walk with him to his house so we could sit down and teach him. When we got there he invited his wife to come and listen as well but she was in the middle of taking care of their newborn, so she couldn't join us. As we taught him about the Restoration he was wrestling two kids on his lap but miraculously kept them from running away and still stayed locked in on us during the lesson. His questions were amazing, and the Spirit speaking to all of us was constant throughout almost the whole lesson. As soon as it was over he set an appointment for us to come the next day, and Elder Howe and Elder Hartshorn were able to teach him on exchange!

Giving the Lord everything I have is the least I can do for the experience my mission has been this far. I owe Him everything.

I love you all! I love hearing from you! Talk to you soon!


Elder Draney

No comments:

Post a Comment