Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Christmas in Croydon!

Hello everyone!

This week was a really solid week! We saw a lot of our friends that we haven't seen in awhile and got the ball rolling with them. We also spent a lot of time painting the inside of one of the members flat, which took up a lot of our day yesterday but has been rewarding to help out those in need.

As you may guess by the title, we found out whether or not I would be getting moved to a new area this week but I will be staying in Croydon for another 6 weeks! That will make it more than 8 months in total! I'm really glad that I get to stay with Elder Chrimes and keep working with all the great people I've come to know over the past 6 months! This transfer will take us in past Christmas so it will be a Christmas in Croydon!

The sad news is that our missionary district got split and most of the companionships are now part of two other districts. Now our district is just the 4 of us serving in Selsdon Ward, but it will still be a lot of fun to work together in the district!

There should never be routine weeks on a mission, and this week wasn't, but in terms of things to write about in an email it seems pretty routine! As always, but especially in the past few months, the work is progressing very well in our area. Even if those we teach don't choose to join the Church or do the things they need to do in order to gain a testimony, we are still able to be successful and do our part when we raise a warning voice to all those we meet and invite them to enjoy the blessings of following the Savior.

My testimony has deepened throughout my mission and it has come through simple habits of study and prayer. Doing those things more is part of our missionary schedule and I am so grateful for change that it has wrought in me. I love the scriptures and I love communicating with my Father in Heaven.

Love you all! Have a good week!

Elder Draney

(Serious district picture, everybody got the memo except for Elder Chrimes)

No comments:

Post a Comment