Monday, November 9, 2015

Hello!

Hello my friends and family!

Another quick week in Croydon, probably one of the quickest I've had. We had a lot of meetings as well as an exchange so it went by fast. It's officially Christmas season, all the shops have Christmas trees and all the works up for the past week. The second mission Christmas is going to be weirder than the first because it doesn't feel like it's Christmas in two months at all. I always complain about time though, so I'll stop wingeing for now. :)

Elder Chrimes and I have found a lot of new friends this week which has been really exciting. By far my favourite part of my mission is meeting lots of new people, Croydon is definitely a good place for that!

The craziest part of this past week was a new addition to our district! On Wednesday Elder Chrimes and I walked into one of our meetings and we walked past the sisters in our district without realising that there was a third sister. When we finally realised it the third Sister turned around and it was one of the first times I've ever been speechless. The sister is Sister Linford, one of the YSAs from Christchurch Ward that we all got on with really well and she's come to do a "mini- mission" with another Sister I served around in Christchurch, Sister Lydiksen! I couldn't believe it! It made me realise how long it's been since I left Christchurch, I really hope I get to go back before the end of my mission.

Today as a district we are going to meet up and play some games and other things for P-day so I'll take some pictures of that as well and include them in the email.

I'm so grateful to be able to serve as a missionary at this time. As I've learned more about how my call was assigned but also more of the details surrounding when I came out on my mission I know now more than ever that I am where I am supposed to be when I am supposed to be. I know that the same is true for all of us as we walk the way God has promised will lead us the the greatest happiness.

I love you all so much!

Elder Draney



No comments:

Post a Comment